This soup is incredibly simple, delicious and light. There is a bit of patience with the skinning of the tomatoes but the result is a refreshing, happiness-inducing, vitamin C super-soup that has been a favourite of our Tres Posh Ibizan Retreat. This soup is also wonderful served with white fish or seafood.
You will need
Good quality metal sieve
the zest of 1 orange
the juice of 6 oranges
2 tbsp olive oil
to garnish / serve
cracked black pepper
1. Put the tomatoes in a large vessel and cover with boiling water. Leave for 5-7 minutes until the skins crack.
2. Drain the water from the tomatoes and then cover with cold water.
3. Once cooled, skin each tomato and place on the sieve over a large pan.
4. With the back of a spoon, push the tomatoes through the metal sieve. You’ll realise now you need good sieve.
5. Once all of the tomatoes have been peeled and sieved into the pan, add the orange juice and zest.
6. Add the olive oil which adds a subtle taste and lovely sheen to the soup.
7. Add salt to taste.
8. Garnish with orange peel and basil and serve with freshly cracked black pepper.