Two flavours here that stand up in their own right but compliment each other wonderfully. This soup is very satisfying. You could swap the onions for shallots for a deeper flavour or you could spice it up with a little chilli or nutmeg too if you were so inclined. We like it simple. Mwah.
7 good sticks of celery chopped
2 small onions diced
1 carrot diced finely
freshly cracked black pepper
2 pints vegetable stock
1 teaspoon sugar
a handful salted peanuts
2 tbsp olive oil
juice of 1 lemon
1. Fry the onions, celery and carrot gently with the lid on the pan for twenty minutes. Agitate regularly. You want to soften all of the vegetable and offer some colour but you don’t want to burn anything.
2. Use a pestle and mortar to crush the peanuts.
3. Add the peanuts to the vegetables.
4. Add the stock and heat everything together.
5. Add the sugar.
7. Blitz in the blender.
8. Heat again in the pan and squeeze through the lemon juice at the last moment before serving.
Serve and enjoy.
We are always open to new yummy soup ideas. Get in touch with yours. We’d love to hear from you and maybe we’ll share it here at www.thematmovement.com.
For an idea of the sorts of things we’ll be serving you on retreat, click here.
Pete and Collette