‘A well-made salad must have a certain uniformity; it should make perfect sense for those ingredients to share a bowl.’
Simply irresistible. Salad night during yoga retreat is fast-becoming one of our favourite. Embracing the colours, flavours, smells and abundance of the local area. Here we’ve combined sticky, crispy, sweet walnuts, gooey, rich goats cheese, balsamic vinegar and fresh, crunchy apple. A few herbs and voila! A mouthwatering and nutritious, vegetarian, cow-dairy-free and refined-sugar-free win.
2 tbsp maple syrup
finely chopped oregano
3 apples, thinly sliced
juice of 1 lemon
100g washed lambs leaf lettuce
250g cylindrical goats cheese
- Scatter lambs lettuce onto the serving plate.
- Place the sliced apples on top and squeeze or drizzle over the lemon juice.
- Toast the walnuts on a flat, dry pan until browning.
- Add the malple syrup and a pinch of sea salt to the walnuts and continue to heat for 2 minutes until the syrup has stopped bubbling but be careful not to burn the syrup. Set to the side to cool.
- Slice the goats cheese into cross-sections ready to serve.
- Add the walnuts onto the apple.
- Lay the goats cheese on the walnuts.
- Dress the cheese with balsamic vinegar and black pepper.
- Scatter some chopped oregano and serve.
Check out some more salads